The principle of the Jr. High school where I served lunch for about 7 years always says "Time is fun when you are having flies." And while I am talking about him...I was able to go visit him and the school last Tuesday.
I went up to BJU for the day. A friend of mine wanted to go with me, so Jesse and I left home early and we passed by her house. Then I drove Jesse to work and continued merrily on our way to BJU. We got there around 9:30ish. I got to visit with some people at the Dining Common (that is where I worked up until I got married). It was wonderful to see people that I had know for a long time. Then for lunch I went to the Jr. High and was allowed to eat lunch there as a guest. It was great to see the 8th graders. I was quite surprised because I remembered many of them. There were some of the kids that asked me where I had been. I don't know why they didn't catch on back in May when we told them that I "was leaving and getting married". OH, well - that is Jr. High for you.
After visiting with the teachers, secretary, and principal I went to go see other friends. I parked the car, got out, and went to get my wedding pictures and my purse from the back seat. I found my wedding pictures but couldn't find my purse. While I was standing there trying for the life of me to remember where my purse was, a good friend of mine, John, walked up to say Hi. We went over to speak to his wife. I told them that I had lost my purse. As I was leaving to go back to the car John told me that as he was walking back to his office he would be praying that I find my purse. Then all of the sudden I blurted out "I left it at the Jr. High." Praise God. He answers prayer (I don't even think John had begun to pray). After getting my purse and parking in the same parking space I had been in before finding out that I had left my purse, I went to go see more friends. I showed my wedding pictures to many people. Then around 5 we started to head back to the car to leave. I don't think we actually left BJU until 5:30. We made it back to Columbia and I was able to spend a good amount of time with my little kitties and with my Honey.
We have only one more Saturday of soccer. We had tons of fun on Saturday. We won. It was sooooooo cold that most of the kids had jackets on. I did too. After coaching one game, I refereed the next game.
After soccer I went to the store and got some food. While there I decided that I didn't want to cook so I picked up a roasted chicken. It was good.
Tonight we are going to a Harvest Festival that the church is putting on. The kids can go dressed up as long as it is nice. For example, they said dressing up as Mickey Mouse and other characters like that is fine. I assume they don't want you to dress up like witches and ugly thing like that. There is going to be a dunk tank, pie in the face booth, bobbing for apples, and other things. Admission is a bag of candy. They will then distribute the candy into little bags for the kids.
Jesse and I were up and ready early for church this Sunday. Why? Well, we didn't move are clocks back. It was nice to not have to rush though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
What?! You missed an extra blissful hour of sleeping in? =D he, he. Just kidding. Sounds like you had fun at BJU and the JHS.
Sounds like you had a nice day!
Lucky you! I haven't been to BJ since I graduated! :p My best friend from jr hi/high school lives there (Gville) now.
(BTW, I was in Class of '91 - when did you graduate? Do I possibly know you apart from cyberspace?)
Anyway, your post about forgetting to change your clocks reminded me of our experience this past spring, when we forgot to do the same thing.... although it's much more painful when you spring forward, you have to really hustle your bustle to get to church on time! Not good when your hubby has to unlock the church, since he has to preach!! :p I made good and sure we did it this time :)
I graduated in '02. So I don't think we would know each other.
Post a Comment