A few days ago I drove Jesse to work. Just about 5 minutes from the house is where we get on the highway. The two roads that meet at the intersection have two very different ways of splitting the traffic up. Ours is normal: and go straight / go right lane and a go left lane. The other one is, well, weird. The is an island between the two lanes: go right (which feeds into the traffic) and a go straight / go LEFT lane. Yes I said "Go LEFT". So basically you know when a car is going left if and only if it has the turning light on. And then you have to wonder considering that you see ALL the time cars romping down the interstate with a turning light on and it has no care in the world to turn either right or left.
So here I am sitting at this light. The light turns green. Car right in front of me turns. I get to the intersection. The cars on the other side of the intersection are going straight. I sit tight. Finally a car is turning left. So I start turning. I hear Jesse say "Stop" around the same time I notice that the car behind the car turning left is going straight. I stop. The other car stops. I raise my hands as to say "I'm sorry" and then motion the car to "go ahead". We manage to get to Jesse's work without any more excitement.
I still think that they could have done better at the intersection.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment