Sunday, October 02, 2005

Sunday at our Church

Our church just put up a new sign, a light up sign, at a busy intersection near the church road. But there is no electricity yet hooked up for it. Should be done during this week I think.
Anyway today was Hispanic Sunday at our church. We have a Hispanic ministry with about 66 in attendance. Pastor said that his goal was to get to 100 - I can't remember if he set a date for the goal. The Hispanic Pastor and the Assistant Pastor sang the special for the morning service. All the Hispanic church was in attendance with us. They wore earphones - someone was translating the service for them. The tonight Pastor Aguilar (Hispanic Pastor) and Daniel (Assistant Pastor) again sang a special and then preached from John 11. Pastor Aguilar can speak English but because this was "Hispanic Sunday" he preached in Spanish and Daniel translated into English.
Daniel did real well. It is hard being under that kind of pressure with everyone expecting you to translate fast.
By-the-way for those of you who possibly don't know I happen to be a missionary kid from Mexico. So I am fluent in both English and Spanish. My parents are still there in Mexico along with one of my brothers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like there's a great opportunity for you to use your wonderful language gift of Spanish!!! Go for it.

Jeannie

Anonymous said...

I agree with Jeannie, you could really use your spanish. It is a language I've been meaning to learn...

At the church we attended in Washington they had sunday school for the hmong (sp?). We didn't have a translator so none of them came to the service, but at least they had a place for Sunday School.

Corene said...

I was wondering if that was Aunt Jeannie. Yes she needs a blog.