Today was my second Saturday as a soccer coach. I am helping out in the Grace Baptist Church Youth League. There are 3 different age groups: 4-5 year olds, 6-7 year olds, and 8-12 year olds. I am with the 4-5 year old. My teams name is the Hawks, team color is green, and team verse is I Corinthians 10:31 "Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God." Interestingly enough, Jesse and I just noticed that the GBC Youth League's Bible verse happens to be I Corinthians 10:31 also. Honestly I did not copy the idea. I just want the kids to do their best. If they do their best and we win that is good. If they do their best and we lose that is fine also. Actually the 4-5 and the 6-7 are not really playing for scores. They are looking to teach the kids the basics. (Concidering the fact that for the 4-5 year old the refs aren't enforcing corner kicks, and are allowing the throw-ins to be "kick-ins"). Also for this younger group the coaches sometimes are their own refs. It is nice to be able to play and work with people who aren't trying to take advantage of you and that they play fair.
I have offered to ref for the 6-7 year old games if I am needed.
It is so cute to see the boys and girls play. In about the time frame of 5 minutes I had told Jesse (about 10 times) that I love helping with soccer.
Well, I can't wait until next week. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Corene, it sounds like you're having fun with the soccer coaching!
it does sound like you are having a lot of fun! Go Hawks!! =D
Yes I do remember. I also remember the one time we were playing "for the last time" before we had to leave to go back to Mexico. Believe I was 10. Anyway I went to kick the ball but instead I kicked air and fell down on my back. My knee hurt real bad. The nice part of that is that I got to sit in the coveted front seat next to Dad.
Post a Comment