It has been a long time since I have written anything. I don't write much since I have a hard time thinking of what to write. Anyway, to give some updates.
I feel like I'm working full time right now but I don't mind. A friend of mine had an operation and has been out since October 10 until after Thanksgiving. (that is suppose to be 6 weeks). They thought it was cancer but when the test came back it was OK. Praise God.
I'm working with the little babies. I requested that since I think I would go crazy with the older kids.
Soccer has begun and will end this Saturday. I had 8 players on my team but one broke BOTH arms. She got to one practice and one game. I had everyone memorize I Corinthians 10:31 and told them to learn it and they would get a surprise on the last day of soccer. Ummm, what is the suprise? I am still thinking, got any ideas these are 4-6 year olds. 5 boys and 2 girls.
Pastor Kelley passed away Oct. 28th. He had CJD. You can read what I posted about him and CJD here. There was a viewing, a Celebration service, and a graveside service. The viewing was from 4-8pm. The line was practically 2 hours long the entire time. The Celebration service lasted for 2 hours. They canceled both school and day care. The graveside service was in TN since that is where he had already gotten plots for both he and his wife.
AWANAS. I am having a blast being in Sparkies. I am on the GREEN team. Yeah that's my favorate color. (I actually asked if I could be on the green team.) I get the hispanic bus kids when they come since I am the only one that can talk to them well. Today I just talked about John 3:16 and what it means. I didn't get that far into the verse because the attention span is NOT that big. Two of the 4 boys almost learned all of John 3:16. The reason I was doing this paticular verse is that I was following the Spark's Gate test.
It is getting colder here BUT I heard that it is suppose to be getting warmer the next few days. Wahhhhhh. I don't want to be hot anymore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Well, good to see a post! =)
Sounds like you're keeping yourself busy! Me too. =)
I'm glad to see a post as well. I still haven't learned any Spanish...I still want to. I think when school is over I will take a class. This trying to learn it on my own thing isn't working.
It has been a long time since you wrote. I really miss reading your blog for a while. Are you playing soccer or just coaching them? I hope you have a wonderful day. Hope that you will continue the blog and not skip days or months. Have a great day. This is Robert from Mexico.
Post a Comment