Friday, December 02, 2005

Christmas at our house

Well, I haven't been too good in blogging. We've been busy. Our plumbing hasn't been the best as the bathroom got stopped up and then it went into the MAIN. But my dependable plumber worked at it and got it all fixed. (I had wrote saying that the plumbing was fixed but then it got even worse. I think Jesse wants to write about it so I won't say another word about the plumbing.)

Two days after going to the dentist Jesse and I went to Harlem, Georgia for Thanksgiving. We were at Jesse's cousin's (PJ) house. After lunch, which was eaten around 2:30, Jesse's aunt
played Christmas songs while PJ sang. Others sang with her but since she has a nice voice she is always requested by Aunt Betsy to sing. I tried to sing but I couldn't see the words so it was hard to sing words that you don't really know.

Jesse and I have this tradition. Actually it was started by this lady who we call Aunt Rochelle. Last year we three and her two grandsons ate at this restaurant called "D&D's". Since it was the Saturday after Thanksgiving she mentioned that we should make it a tradition to meet there every year on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. This year sad to say, her two grandsons didn't make it, but Jesse and I plan to do something with them.

After eating at D&D's we came home and put up our Christmas tree. It is one of those that has 6-7 rows of branches with about 8 branches in each row. Needless to say it takes a long time putting up just the tree since you have to form each branch and make it look just right. We put up the lights. I put icicle lights in a "W" shape pattern. They aren't long enough to put around the tree in a circle so I had to be creative. Then I strung one strand of color lights all around the tree. Jesse got down on the floor and looked at the tree and then commented that for the kittens the tree would look plain because there are no lights under the tree for them. I laughed at him but he was dead serious. So I put a small strand of white lights all around the bottom side of the tree for the kittens. After turning on the lights on the tree I told Jesse that the tree lacked lights because it was so bottom heavy with lights that the rest of the tree looked dull and empty. My wonderful husband put another strand of lights on the tree and made it look real good.
We hadn't gotten started putting the ornaments up when the stand of the tree broke. We had to position the tree so it wouldn't fall over and run to Walmart to bye a tree stand. So far the tree is upright, in a new tree stand, with 4 strands of lights, but no ornaments. I think we will put them up tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that is cute...that Jesse wanted lights for the cats too. =)

Tammy said...

Just hope the kitties don't like the lights too much and climb up the tree. Hahaha

Corene said...

The kittens see to have either a healthy respect to the tree or just are not interested. We put stuffed ornaments at the bottome of the tree so that if they decided to play with the ornaments it wouldn't break.

Anonymous said...

my cousin is having issues with their latest cat climbing up the tree. we aren't getting one this year. maybe next...at least we don't have to worry about Parker climbing up it. She sure likes to jump.