Monday, September 21, 2009

Soccer!

I am so proud of my team. Wildcats you rock! We had a game and they did wonderful. We made the first goal during the first quarter. Wow - what a rush. The Head Coach and I have been trying to teach the kids "pass, pass, and more passing" but they seem to have problems understanding the passing part of what we are teaching them. lol
That first goal was made because the kids did what we told them to do. They PASSED the ball. When they came off the field our center player said to me "Coach, I understand what passing does." I was so proud of them. But just because they understand what you teach them does mean roses all along the road. There are more things then passing in the game. There is positioning. That's another story. I believe if they would have stayed in their positions better we possibly would have done better. At one time after one of our players was out of their position and possibly lost us a goal, the head coach almost lost it. I told him with a straight face "Don't you know that where the ball is that is where (player) is suppose to be and he always needs to be where the ball is?." At that remark he laughed and told me "Thanks, I need to remember to cool down."
During the 2nd and 3rd quarter the other team scored 4 goals on us. Then in the 4th quarter I am proud to say that the Wildcats came back and tied the game up. It would have been nice to win the first game of the season but to tie it was sweet too. Yeah! Wildcats.

I've learned that I am not as young as I used to be though. I was...ummmmm... well sort of showing off way before the game and instead of dribbling the ball and kicking it to where I wanted it to go... well lets just say I sort of dribbled it and then when I kicked it - I have no idea were it went but I landed on my face. ouch. I didn't hurt anything - except for my pride. lol Then I didn't learn my lesson. I went to retrieve another ball and set up to kick it. I did kick it and it did go where I wanted it too but my knee popped. I didn't hurt until that night and then in the morning I had a stiff body. Oh man, I remember when I could play and do well. Maybe I'll just stick to teaching the kids how to play.

No comments: