Friday, March 28, 2008

Museum

Robert and I along with one of Robert's friends (JL) from church went to the Columbia State Museum. It was fun and interesting. We really enjoyed the science hands-on section. We found out that JL has the strongest hold while Robert and I are equal. I was able to make my penny go around that funnel thing the longest, then Robert, then JL. Then we tried a balancing thing-a-ma-gig. First, Robert did 3.3 seconds, I did something like .3 seconds, and JL did 1 second. When we tried it again I did .1 second, Robert turn got messed up, and JL did almost 4 seconds.
We went into a 1 room school house and asked Robert to be the teacher. He wouldn't so JL was the teacher and he promptly told us to go stand in the corner. :)
We "road" on a train, hid from Robert, talked about WWII and Vietnam, sat and watched 2-3 different video clips, and skipped the part about evolution but looked at some of the animals - keeping in mind that what was said was hogus bogus. All in all it was fun. We got there close 1:30pm and left close to 5pm. I'd say we got our money's worth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello! an update. okay two. =) I haven't been looking here as much and was glad to see a couple updates. glad you have been able to enjoy your family! sounds like the trip to the museum was fun. =)

Jeannie said...

Hey Corene, me too, just checked to see if there's anything new and there was. Would love to hear more from you. I enjoy what you write.