Monday, August 21, 2006

Flash flood?

Yesterday Jesse worked all day. I took him to work and then went and picked him up from work after church. It was raining hard and I mean hard. We had the windshield wipers going at full speed.

To make a long story short - the car got stalled in water when we "hit" a wall of water. Water came into the passengers side about 1 or 2 inches. Jesse climbed out of the passengers side window (I grabbed his work phone before he made it all the way out, it's notorious of getting lost or something) and started pushing the car. 2 guys came and helped Jesse push the car while I steered it to higher ground and out of the busy highway. Only that car stopped to help us.

We sat there for a long while and in the mean time Dad called. It was nice to talk to him during this time. I was praying the whole time. We finally had to call for a tow truck and we also were trying to find some one to take us home. After racking our brains and call some people to no avail, Jesse shouted out one of his coworkers name. He called him and the coworker "B" came with his wife and their truck. They are letting us use their 2nd vehicle for as long as we need it. We would like to give it back ASPA.

I called every family member up that knew about our predicament (Jesse's grandma, aunt, and Dad).

I am glad we were not hurt and that we are fine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes, glad you are okay too!

Thinking of people not helping...I remember a couple winters ago I slipped and fell on the ice. I wasn't injured physically...that was good. =) But this lady who was cleaning off her car didn't even look my way. Didn't even ask if I was okay. I guess she didn't want to be a part of anything like that. It's sad.