We had a family reunion Saturday. Dad (Grandpa) and Mom (Grandma), my siblings, and my nieces and nephews. Oh and of course myself. Jesse had to work both Saturday and Sunday so he wasn't able to come. Instead Dad, Mom, Robert, and Alissa came to see us. It was a very nice visit but unfortunately Jesse had to work until 7pm so he wasn't with them for long. Everyone got to see where Jesse works and then we went to the house. Mom, Alissa, and I had already made supper. I had planned to have a chicken and rice casserolel but we changed it to something else that I had never heard of. Mom and Alissa called it Hawaiian Stacki upies. I possibly spelled it wrong. Anyway it consisted of: (Mom please correct me if I don't have this right)
Rice
cut up chicken
gravy
cheese
pineapple chunks
raisins
tomatoes chunks
celery diced
nuts
coconut
You place everything is separate bowls and then people go and fill up their plate starting with the rice and then chicken. They put what they want on it. I believe there might be more that can go on this but I can't remember. All I know is that it was very good.
Alissa stayed the night with me and we stayed up until 3AM talking. I took Jesse to work by 9:00. Around 11 Alissa and I left to go to Greenville where the reunion was going to take place.
We stopped at a near by parking lot and I gave Alissa the chance to drive a little. She did an excellent job. I had her park in a parking spot away from all the cars. She parked the car better than many people at least that is what I think.
We got to Greenville shortly after 1 and then I drove Mom and Alissa to the eye doctor. After everything was taken care off we went of to see the wizard. No ... I mean to the reunion. My 6 1/2 niece came up to me and said "I am almost as tall as you and I am only 6 1/2". Well, how am I suppose to take that. She wanted me to give her a piggyback ride too. She's about 6 inches or so below my shoulders - I am 5 ft. 2 1/2 in.
We visited, ate, and then went out side to take pictures.
I had to leave early (6:30) to pick up Jesse from work. But really didn't leave until 7pm. While on my way home he called to tell me someone had driven him home.
It was nice to be with family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Wish I could have joined you all at your gathering. Glad you didn't get rained out either.
Post a Comment