Wow, were did the time go. Many days I thought to myself "I better write something on my blog" but did I do it?
Anyway, I wanted to tell you all about the cantata that our church did. It is called "What if Jesus had not come?" The main characters are this modern family who start talking about Christmas and traditions. They begin to play a game in which they think through the life of Christ and see how things could be different if He had not come to earth.
1. The innkeeper would not have any reason for offering Joseph and Mary a place to sleep. Instead in the play he told them to go sleep with the shepherds in the field.
2. The lame man at the pool of Bethesda would forever be on his mat. In the play he said "I will always be here unless someone comes and tells me to rise up, take up your bed and walk".
3. The Samaritan woman would still be unsaved. In the play James and John take a shortcut through Samaria and meet up with the Samaritan woman. They condone her because of her 5 husbands.
4. Simon [Peter] would still be ruthless and stubborn. In the play two men are talking about Simon and one mentions how Simon's key man in his fishing business gets put into prison for something. Simon is summoned to vouch for him so he can get out of prison but instead he says "I do not know this man"
5. Barabas is crucified. And the Jews are still looking for their Messiah.
The family rejoice that Jesus did come and those events did not take place as they imagine them.
I will write more about Christmas vacation and following in other post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
glad you are still alive! I'm sure it has been busy for you. Are you still subbing at the daycare?
Post a Comment