Friday, April 21, 2006

Computer problems and birthdays

My computer is going caput. Right now I am using Jesse work laptop which uses a wireless connection. My computer will not stay on for long and then restarts itself. I have had a hard time checking my e-mail and sending e-mail. Jesse is running ScanDisk on the computer and it is running veeeeeery sloooooow. The computer might be out of comission for a day or so. Or until we get new parts for the computer. I might have to make more use of this laptop to blog and do e-mail until then.

March 30, April 14, and April 19 are birthdays to 3 very special people.
My nephew Victor turned 4 on March 30th. I am telling on myself right now because I can't believe that ME who has graduated from a University did this. I sent Victor's birthday card off so that it would get to him a day or so befor his birthday. "Hey," I thought, "I'm doing good here." Well, the next day guess what I saw in my mailbox!? Victor's birthday card. I had addressed it wrong. ugggg. Anyway I got it sent again ADDRESSED CORRECTLY this time. Happy Birthday Victor.

April 14th is my Daddy's birthday. He, as most of you know, is a missionary in Mexico. Ummm along with the family of course. He and Mom have lived in Mexico for 25 years. I also sent him a birthday card but unfortunatly I sent it late. "sigh" Happy Birthday Daddy.

My brother Robert celebrated his 22 birthday on April 19th. He is taller than I am. Actually everyone in the family except for nieces and nephews are taller than I am. Robert helps Mom and Dad with the ministry in Mexico and does a very fine job of it too. I did not forget to send Robert a card but I did send it late. "sigh" Happy Birthday Robert.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a computer at work once where it was turning it self off like that. Turned out the power source went bad on that one. Hope it is back up and running soon!

My mom's b-day is coming up soon. I had a mis-hap on her card too. I put her previous last name instead of her new last. Just remarried in November. It was habit! Oh well...

Corene said...

Thanks Eileen for the suggestion.
My husband says that one of the drivers is not compatable with the motherboard. I asked him if he had cleared the cookies and stuff and he said "yes but that it didn't work".

Jeannie said...

So. . .does April 23 ring a bell,by any chance??? Maybe next year.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering about that Jeannie. Joyce and I thought about you that day, but we have been having problems with our computer, so am using my laptop. Joyce doesn't like it. Hope you had a Happy Birthday. Next year, Corene, you will probably remember this date also.