Tuesday, April 11, 2006

A week a DayCare

I am working all this week at the DayCare. One of the teachers is on vacation so I am doing her room. I have 4 or 5 one year olds to take care of. It is quite interesting. We go outside to play and I have to make sure that one boy does not do anything "fun". Yes, I said "fun". You see in his eyes I don't let him play because he wants to do what others do - play on the playground slides. Practically all the other 1 yrs olds and all the 2-3 yr olds get to play on the slides. But he and a girl can't because their mothers or grandmothers are afraid that they might get hurt.

I don't understand it because he has been in the room for 3 months and has not learned how to go up the steps and down the slides which are appropriate for his age group. He did go up and down 2 times with me there watching him. By-the-way he did fine. After that I tried to get him envolved with other activites - like playing in dirt? ha ha

They eat lunch there and are learning to use the spoon. Some just dig in with their hands others are doing ok with the spoon - sometimes. One boy was told to use his spoon so he picked up his spoon with his left hand and continued to use his right hand to stuff food in his mouth. Lovely. Oh, and it is really nice cleaning them up too.

I love nap time best of all. I can read during nap time and after they are asleep I will eat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey Corene! how are your kitties doing? Parker is having a great time now that it is Spring and he can go outside more.