Thursday, March 23, 2006

Ramblings and catching up part 2

March has been a busy month. I have worked practically every other day and we have had almost every weekend full of errands or stuff that we did.
We went to a couples retreat, the 10th and 11th, which was held at the DoubleTree Biltmore Hotel in North Carolina. Very nice hotel by-the-way. Guy and Cookie Altizer were the speakers. I believe there were about 30+ couples. Oh and we were the most recent married couple as on the 11th we were married 9 months. The next were married Thanksgiving weekend of 2004. There was also a couple that had been married over 50 years.
After the couples retreat ended we went sightseeing, by car. We parked after awhile and walked around for about 20 or so minutes and then headed back to Columbia, SC. Jesse had to go into work at 8:00 PM.

On Tuesday night, the 14th I told Jesse that my right ear was starting to feel full. Like when you fly and your ears need to pop. Well within an hour my ear started hurting like everything. I was suppose to work on Wednesday but with how my ear hurt, Jesse called the D/C supervisor and told her I couldn't work. We went to the Dr. and were told that it was a very bad ear infection. It only hurts now when there is loud sounds. I also can only hear half of what I can hear in my left ear. BUT it is getting better. Praise God. Oh yeah, I couldn't work Thursday either and the Dr. told me not to go back to work until at least Monday but after Wednesday I would be fine. I had been scheduled to work from Wed. - Fri. so I felt really bad about having to say I couldn't work. On Wed and Thurs I was not able to sleep and then Fri I slept all day since my ear wasn't hurting as bad.

I am going to a D/C child care seminar on Saturday. I will try to talk about it some time next week.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

I hope your ear gets to feeling better soon!

I'm glad that you had a nice time at the couple's retreat. Kevin and I have been to two, and we hope to go to one this year that our church goes to.

Anonymous said...

ooo...I hope your ear is better soon!

I think it is cool when I go through the paper and see people who have been married for 75 years! I'm like...when did they get married? Are they both 100? he, he. But it is cool!

Sherri said...

:-(

Sorry to hear about your ear, Corene... I hope you feel better soon!

"Someone" was trying to tell you that you needed a break from work!