Monday, March 27, 2006

Oh goodie

Last week was Bible Conference at Bob Jones University. Jesse and I so wanted to go but because of things happening at Jesse's work we couldn't go. I especially wanted to go Thursday and Friday night because Thurs. night is the Alumni reception and Fri. is normally a fun service.
We didn't go on Thurs. because Jesse had to go to work early (6:00AM) Fri. and we wouldn't get back until about 1 or 2 AM. Jesse also tutors someone Friday at 7PM so that day was out too. Well... Thurs. night the guy Jesse tutors called and said that he couldn't meet on Friday... which meant that WE COULD GO TO GREENVILLE!!!!
We didn't make it there on time so we had to sit in Stratton Hall and watch the service on a screen. It wasn't the same. :(
The closing speaker was Ian Paisley. I had told Jesse that he is very hard to understand since he has an Irish accent. I was amazed to listen to him speak and be able to understand him perfectly well.
We did get to see many of my/our friends and had a wonderful time catching up with them.

Saturday bright and early we got up and Jesse took me to the church parking lot. I got into a church van and traveled some 45ish minutes to a Daycare Seminar. There we all "took" 6 classes and learned a lot. I even got to implement some of what I learned today at work!!! :)
The last "class" was about discipline and it was interesting to listen to the speaker.

I work every day this week and with being paid for Saturday I will have worked 38 1/2 hours this month.

No comments: