Thursday, February 16, 2006

dealing with the car

No, no we don't have car problems. I just knew people would think that.
Anyway, before I started working Jesse would drive the car almost everyday to work. I would get the car when every I really needed it or when Jesse needed me to do an earrand.
Then I started subbing at the Day Care. Well, whenever I work I need the car because I normally go in later than Jesse but when I didn't work Jesse would drive the car to work.

As it turned out though, many weeks I ended up working almost every single day.
Wednesday I didn't work so Jesse drove to work. He came back after work and told me that I would have to drive him to work from now on. Our car's university parking sticker starts with the letter"Z" which means we can and ONLY can park in "Z" parking lots. Those with ummm... "M" parking stickers can park in any parking lot from "M-Z" but not the "A-L". Get it.

Well, there happened to be a "Z" parking lot across the street from where Jesse works but it is being torn down. The next closest "Z" parking lot is about 4-6 blocks away.
I think Jesse said that once you have worked for the university for more than 5+ years you can get an upgrade on your parking sticker. (Hopefully he can get really high someday - like a "D" because that parking lot is right in front of his work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahh...car sharing. actually John and I are pretty lucky. We work really close to each other so we get to carpool. He only works about 2 miles from me.