Thursday, September 29, 2005

My cats and kittens

One day one of Jesse co-workers asked him if our family is expanding. Jesse said "Yes as a matter of fact, we just adopted two little kittens." I am sure his co-worker wasn't expecting that kind of response but that is the truth.

Before we got married Jesse had two cats whose ages are about 4 years old. One cat, Sakura, was found on the engine of a car that had driven 40 minutes to a car shop. She was a little white powder of puff and Jesse couldn't resist her. She went out once she got a little bigger and "adopted" a kitten off the street. So then Jesse adopted Tomoyo.
Just recently we went to the animal shelter and adopted two adorable 4 month old kittens, Rascal and Itsuki.

As I watch all four cat/kittens (who if you are wondering are all spayed) in their daily activities I can not help but see how similar they all are but at the same time different. They have their own distinct personalities. Tomoyo is our shy one. Sakura is our "mama" cat, getting to big and old to play with the kittens but will get into the fun. Rascal is well, a rascal. You can depend on Rascal to do what you didn't think could be done. And last of all is Itsuki. She loves and trusts everyone she comes in contact with. From the beginning she would let me hold her like a little baby. If someone needs comfort - go to Itsuki.

Oh, and they, especially the kittens, remind me of little toddlers. They depend on us totally for food, water, care, love, and well practically everything.
Shouldn't this be a picture of us with our Lord? We should depend on Him for everything too.

3 comments:

Corene said...

Digital camera on the mend.
Batteries dead.
Dr. Recharger needed to be found.
Once found, the pictures can and will be posted.
Until then, well, ummmmmm ....

Anonymous said...

oooo...I really enjoy animals, especially kitties. I have an 18 year cat named Weby. I've had her practically her whole life. I hope she is around awhile longer.

You need to mend that digital camera, find the rechargers, recharge those batteries, and then post some pictures. he, he.

Tammy said...

I enjoy cats from a distance. :) Unlike Holly, I'm not an animal person at all, but I'm glad you like your kitties.